Course 1: Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures:
This course focuses on how perimeter defenses work, how intruders escalate privileges, and methods of securing systems. Additional topics include intrusion detection, policy creation, social engineering, DoS attacks, buffer overflows, and virus creation.
Course 2: Security Policies and Implementation Issues
Security Policies and Implementation Issues offers a comprehensive, end-to-end view of information security policies and frameworks from the raw organizational mechanics of building to the psychology of implementation. Written by an industry expert, it presents an effective balance between technical knowledge and soft skills, and introduces many different concepts of information security in clear simple terms such as governance, regulator mandates, business drivers, legal considerations, and much more. With step-by-step examples and real-world exercises, this book is a must-have resource for students,security officers, auditors, and risk leaders looking to fully understand the process of implementing successful sets of security policies and frameworks.
Course 3: System Forensics, Investigation, and Response
- Offers a comprehensive, end-to-end view of information security policies and framework.
- Addresses the technical knowledge and software skills required for policy implementation.
- Covers governance, regulator mandates, business drivers, and legal considerations.
- Provides an excellent starting point for the creation of an effective IT security policy framework
System Forensics, Investigation, and Response begins by examining the fundamentals of system forensics, such as what forensics is, the role of computer forensics specialists, computer forensic evidence, and application of forensic analysis skills. Computer crimes call for forensics specialists, people who know how to find and follow the evidence.It also gives an overview of computer crimes, forensic methods, and laboratories. It then addresses the tools, techniques, and methods used to perform computer forensics and investigation. Finally, it explores emerging technologies as well as future directions of this interesting and cutting-edge field.
The Second Edition includes all new content. A complete re-write of the first edition
The latest data and statistics on computer forensics Special coverage on:
Course 4: Network Security, Firewalls, and VPNs
- Email Forensics
- Windows Forensics
- Mac Forensics
- Linux Forensics
- Mobile Forensics
Network Security, Firewalls, and VPNs provide a unique, in-depth look at the major business challenges and threats that are introduced when an organization's network is connected to the public Internet. Written by an industry expert, this book provides a comprehensive explanation of network security basics, including how hackers access online networks and the use of Firewalls and VPNs to provide security countermeasures. Using examples and exercises from the field, this book incorporates hands-on activities to prepare the reader to disarm threats and prepare for emerging technologies and future attacks.
- New information on Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) with clarification on the difference between IPv6 and IPv4
- Discussed some of the faults of DNS
- New information on "Mobile IP" and "Bring Your Own Device"
- Discusses the use of a sniffer tool or Wireshark
- Uncovers VPN implementation via cloud application
- Updated statistical information and industry data